Job Title: Accounts Assistant - Retail
Salary: £20-£25k pa
Our well established client based in central Wimbledon are looking for Finance professionals on various levels to join their busy team. You will be carrying out the day to day administration of the Treasury functions as well as assist with the month end process.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Daily coding and posting of cashbook onto the General Ledger.
* Daily reconciliation of the current bank account and liaison with other areas within the department to ensure the timely posting of all outstanding transactions.
* Timely and accurate production and issue of Daily Cash Report to Director level and tie in to bank balances and G/L.
* To act as the primary contact with the bank regarding day to day transactions.
* To receive each month, all relevant paperwork, petty cash, vouchers etc from each store.
* Validate and post store's daily statements checking for and correcting any errors.
* Month End reconciliation of the Company Credit card and preparation of both accrual and charge for the management accounts - involves interaction with senior colleagues.
* Month end currency reconciliations.
* Processing BACs and CHAPs requests through Bankline and obtaining authorisation as well as raising manual cheques.
* Analyse store petty cash information produced and resolve any queries arising.
* Validate Western Union transactions and raise payments accordingly, reconciling the account on a regular basis.
* Distributing and ordering store banking books.
* Set up new store merchant numbers and associated banking materials.
* Balancing bank accounts and processing journals for month end.
* Scanning and indexing payment documents into DocuWare.
* Calculation of daily Treasury deposits ensuring that all Bank Accounts remain in credit.
* Ownership of Head Office petty cash tin and weekly bankings.
* Month End reconciliation of various office petty cash floats.
* Make initial enquiries to any cash discrepancies and report these to Risk Management.
* Reconcile the cash, cheque and debit/credit card bank statements on a daily basis.
* Receive and validate all shopping vouchers from stores each month. Reconcile and send for payment to the relevant companies.
* To assist other members of the team with adhoc tasks and develop a good working knowledge of the Treasury function to provide cover for holidays and absence.
* Previous experience in a finance role
* Good organisation and administrative skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong Microsoft and Excel skills
If you have the right skills and experience for this role then please apply today. Our client is looking forward to conducting interviews and starting someone new in their team. By registering with Office Angels you will benefit from the support of a dedicated and experienced recruitment consultant, have access to various interviewing techniques, regular updates of the local employment market and consistent feedback on all applications. This service is offered right through to the day you start your new role and beyond! Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions. Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy
Posted 3 weeks ago
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum