An exciting opportunity has arisen in Oldham for a candidate to join our leading global wholesale distributor client as a Demand Planner. This is paying between £13 - £17.43 per hour, this role is full time temporary working 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, initially for 6 months, this role is home based but this is only anticipated for around 4 months so you must be able to commute to site after this.
Our client offers an award-winning product portfolio including highly reputable and well-established brands. Having the largest branch network in the UK security industry and are able to deliver unsurpassed quality and service and 24-hour online access. This role works closely with Sales and Marketing to generate an unconstrained consensus sales forecast. You will also work closely within Operations to determine appropriate inventory planning strategies and production plans. This position is responsible for driving demand planning techniques using APO (or substitute) and building internal & external networks to supplement the forecast. Leading to reliable supply to meet the business expectations (stock levels, OTTR…). You will be required to direct key phases of the local IBP process. You will be responsible for the Demand Planning process in more than one country, covering a region or more than 1 region. Reviews historic demand patterns and combines with market intelligence provided by sales and marketing teams to determine a best forecast at SKU level of future material requirements. Prepares and presents summary demand planning information as part of the monthly IBP process in each business.
- Produce on a monthly basis an unconstrained rolling 18 (APO standard) month's forecast
- Achieve forecast consensus to serve material procurement and allows IBP activities
- Deliver high forecasting performance. Measure and report any major issues or constraints in getting to targets (BIAS, MAPE Forecast accuracy…)
- Build internal / external networks & processes to ensure business inputs (sales, marketing,customers) are verified and integrated into the final sales forecast
- Maintain APO and SAP independent demand in line with portfolio and commercial
- Responsible for the overall coordination and communication required to gather, compile, and disseminate all the information needed for demand review and reconciliation. Information provided should enable the sales and marketing teams to provide forecast input signals, and the finance group to project financial results and update the annual operating plan / explain and escalate gaps if needed from different departments
- Deliver information for the business to align IBP Forecasts, Supply constraints, Sales Forecasts and Financial Forecasts (Reconciliation)
- Responsible for making sure portfolio inputs are included in the forecast in a timely manner.
- Facilitate and support life cycle management strategy and product NPI phase-in and phase-out plans as they relate to the demand plan.
- IOS Exclusions
Skills and Experience
- Good first degree augmented with strong manufacturing/supply chain/logistics experience.
- Black Belt or Lean Expert qualification an advantage
- Worked with large product catalogue
- Excellent communication skills
- Significant experience in marketing, sales or supply chain management
- Clear success in the delivery of planning capabilities, ideally in a complex, high volume, high variability environment
- Use of ERP and forecasting systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills, coupled with significant SAP & SAP/APO knowledge
- Experience with IBP processes: Sales cycle - especially Demand Planning's
- Good working knowledge of core processes in sales & marketing, demand management, production planning, materials management, inventory management and logistics
- Experience with APO, R3, PHOCAST