Deputy Production Team Leader (Shifts 6-2/2-10/10-6)
Monday to Friday, weekends OT at enhanced rates
£32k plus 26 days holiday + BH
My Client is a global leader is roofing systems, cladding & insulation systems for commercial & domestic buildings & due to a plant restructure, they are introducing a brand new role that will support the Team Leader & Production Manager on site.
What will your day look like in your role as Deputy Production Team Leader?
You will work in support of your Management Team & ensure that your Team of 10 Operatives are working to all required standards, following SOP's & Health & Safety processes at all times, assuring Clients receive quality product at all times. You will be on hand to ensure the efficient manufacture of quality products in a safe, productive environment, whilst quality standards are met and reporting methodology adhered to. You will deliver the coordination of information between Maintenance, Safety and Quality Departments, & also liaise with Warehouse to ensure quality of packaging and storage is maintained to ensure customer expectations are achieved within the UK Bituminous Membrane Manufacturing operations to meet customer expectations and business revenue plans.
Managing daily operations:
- To ensure all production requirements are efficiently and effectively planned and scheduled to maintain appropriate stock levels
- To ensure that the Prodac System/ERP has the correct information input, Times, Quantities, Reject count. Ensure all operatives are inputting accurate data.
- To monitor, review and identify requirements for raw materials through appropriate liaison with Bitumen Co-ordinator.
- To carry out out-of-hours sampling and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Be prepared from time to time to travel and stay away from home for training purposes and/or visits to other UK sites.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and implement a cleaning schedule.
- Liaise with Shift Team Leader to ensure training methodology is uniform across the individual shifts.
- Liaise with Shift Team Leader / Engineering manager and maintenance supervisor to ensure EWR requests are actioned within the requested time frame.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety rules and systems are strictly adhered to & assist in risk assessment s to identify potential hazards.
You will be required to cover for Team Leader/operative absence, Training, Holiday and sickness, this will require a degree of flexibility to accommodate business continuity
What will your responsibilities be in your new role?
- You will ensure accurate and agreed delivery of production plans
- Deliveries will be made on time as a result of you effective planning
- Communication at all times with your Production Teams
- Changes to plans are accommodated & documented accordingly
- You will support your Team to ensure that all products are in place to ensure their efficient manufacture
- Removal of defective material to ensure non-entry to the Sales Market
- Quality issues reported to Quality Manager and Shift Team Leader.
- Problem solving is undertaken in a logical and efficient manner
- Maintenance issues are communicated to the appropriate manager
What do you need to succeed as a Deputy Production team Leader?
- Excellent production planning experience
- Good knowledge of bituminous membrane manufacture is preferred
- Knowledge of planning and stock control measures, & capacity to use the ERP systems for recording
- Technical manufacturing knowledge, focused on continuous improvement & 5S methodology required
- Good technical knowledge & focus on LEAN manufacturing processes
- Be of strong character & be willing to work under own initiative as well as part of a team
- Effective organisational, time management and planning abilities
- Self-management and motivation of staff
- Capacity to deliver to set targets & standards
- Take ownership of decisions and actions
- Maintain Discipline of staff
- Ensure Health and Safety systems are strictly adhered to
This is a new role & will require a Candidate with a strong background in a similar environment that can move straight into the role & make an impact on the Team & Business.
I am happy to discuss prior to application on 07484044731, or click APPLY NOW & send CV ASAP