My Government client is looking for an executiev officer to join them in a Security and Safety Governance role in one of their busy courts in Manchester City Centre.
- Provide assurance of the following;
- That RSSO 3 yearly FRAs, Security audits and H & S audits are up-to-date
- That local annual FRAs, Security audits and H & S audits are up-to-date
- Sufficient number of statutory H & S roles at each site across the region
- Monitor progress and report concerns to the RSSOs regarding;
- Actions emanating from all types of audits and inspections, liaising with the Facilities Management Team, RSSOs and SPoS as appropriate
- Actions emanating from the risk register liaising with RSSOs and Security & Safety Operations Manager/Head of RSU as appropriate
- Redline security audits - ensure that actions from failures are monitored and progressed liaising with Facilities Management, RSSOs, SPoS as appropriate
- Identify gaps in statutory H & S roles, flag with RSSOs and Cluster Managers
Quality assurance of the following;
- Optic reports - carry out regular spot checks and ensure the "other" category is used appropriately
- Lead on regional Security and Safety related projects as and when required
- Provide advice and guidance to managers, staff and judiciary regarding HMCTS Security and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Manage the NW RSU Security and Safety inbox and the inboxes of the RSSOs, dealing with queries and flagging urgent matters with the RSSOs
- training courses training needs analysis, co-ordination of the delivery of both HQ and regional courses and evaluation
- collate quarterly site self-assessment returns and carry out initial checks and create the reds and blacks report
- bespoke referrals - ensure RSSO sign-off before submitting to HQ and liaise with local site to support on any follow-up action
- maintain security, safety and fire management records in accordance with statutory requirements
- personal injury claims - liaise with HQ and local sites as necessary and provide appropriate support
- DSE assessments - maintain records to demonstrate staff and judicial DSE assessments are up to date
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of staff with statutory Health & Safety roles ensuring GDPR compliance
- Manage and update the Regional Security and Safety pages on the intranet ensuring appropriate links with the National Security and Safety pages
- Judicial Harassment Protocol - liaison with Judicial Team
- Minutes for the Regional Security & Safety Committee
- Minutes of the RSSO National meetings when a NW RSSO is chairing
- Action log from Team Meetings
- Maintain effective working relationships with the Facilities Management, Senior Persons On-Site, National Security & Safety Team, staff and judiciary
- Think beyond own area of responsibility, considering wider policy and organisational implications of issues.
- Attend and contribute at Security & Safety meetings, Facilities Management meetings and Team meetings
The successful candidate will have previous experience within a Health and Safety environment. You will also be required to provide three years worth of references and undergo a Basic DBS check.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply online with an upto date copy of your CV or contact for more information.