An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a World leader in automotive refinishing products specializing in fillers, coatings, aerosols, adhesives and paint related products. our client is currently looking for Filling Operator x 8 based at their Manufacturing site at Wellingborough NN8 2QH.
This is a full-time permanent position, working a shift rotation. This role is paying up to £22800 per annum.
Shift1 Mon - Thurs 6am - 1pm / Friday 6am - 4pm
Shift 2 Mon - Thurs 12.45 - 10.30pm
To operate filling lines to meet planned volumes and targets in accordance with safety and quality standards. Responsible for delivering manufacturing production performance targets by following agreed operating procedures and actively participating in continuous improvement methodologies to improve performance in terms of HSE, quality, cost, delivery and team development.
Content of position:
- Operate automated and manual filling & packing equipment
- Operate packaging and labelling equipment and semi-automatic filling lines related to Retail kits
- Setup/changeover production filling lines in an efficient and effective manner. This includes full clean downs that need to be completed effectively and efficiently in the planned time frame
- Record and monitor performance v target in terms of Health and Safety, quality, staff and waste
- Maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping
- Organise components required for production runs in a timely manner in order to keep the lines running and the OEE on target or above
- Complete paperwork clearly and accurately in a timely fashion
- Communicate clearly, effectively and professionally at all times and at all levels, including manufacturing, ensuring line performance is maintained
- Actively participate in safety, quality and continuous improvement activities
- Have a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carry out all work in a safe manner, reporting any issues via the appropriate system
- Competent across all U-POL filling lines in order that he/she can rotate regularly, recording performance, against targets, maintaining standards and raising issues with team members to resolve efficiently
- Challenges personal performance and develops own skills and supports the team to deliver consistent results, adhering to scheduled break rota and ensuring staff are organised into the right positions and understand the tasks expected of them
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of continuous improvement tools in daily work and is capable of actively participating in improvement teams.
- GCSE/ NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) or 3 years' experience in filling/packing operations
- Ideally a qualification in maths and English - must be competent in numeracy to read and understand numbers, works orders, filling records, interpret and manipulate data where required.
- Competency in interpreting data in business systems, entering key performance data and operating equipment with PLC's
- Experience in chemical filling & packing industry
- Excellent verbal communication and team-work skills to work with colleagues to achieve individual and team targets
- Desire to champion the company values
- Logical problem solving skills