Head of Commercial
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we're recruiting a Head of Commercial to join our growing commercial team as a Senior Commercial Business Partner. You will work alongside the Commercial Director, Managing Directors and Business Unit Directors to develop and drive the commercial strategy and agenda to substantially grow the Business Unit focused on short, medium and long term strategic growth; business and business unit targets, and commercial awareness and capability requirements.
As an experienced Commercial professional, you will provide commercial expertise and guidance to the Business Unit and address all associated commercial matters in accordance with best practice methodology, internal compliance and legal requirements. You will be leading and setting the overall direction for a team of Commercial staff, as well as providing commercial management of relevant contracts addressing all associated commercial matters. You will also undertake internal compliance, liaising with the relevant Head of Commercial and customers as required. You will work with the relevant Head(s) of Commercial and relevant project/contract/bid teams to develop and drive a risk based commercial strategy.
Other responsibilities will include:
* Developing key external commercial customer relationships and maintaining positive relationships
* Developing, implementing and embedding commercial strategy
* Lead the communication and embedding of commercial guidance and expertise, initiatives, policies and procedures across the relevant project teams
* Act as an escalation point for complex commercial issues, and raise key commercial issues with Commercial and Business Unit Directors
* Accountable for the functional management of the wider commercial team to ensure the provision of robust commercial management, delivery of high quality bid gate documentation & commercial aspects of relevant bids, compliance with commercial governance requirements and input & execution of commercial policy
As well as working for the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry, we also offer an agile working approach, which includes the opportunity to regularly work from home and visiting client sites.
What do I need to do the role?
* You must be an experienced Senior Commercial Manager/Head of Commercial with experience of NEC 3/4 contracts and the nuclear/power industry
* You will have a proven track record of delivering on the above accountabilities and delivering significant contribution to business strategy
* Significant experience of managing large scale projects and input into acquisitions, bids and contracts
* Experience of the line management of commercial teams as well as having the ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships
What else do I need to know?
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Posted 3 weeks ago