Siemens Energy has an exciting opportunity for a HV Cable Engineer to join our growing Transmission division in Manchester.
The main purpose of the HV Cable Engineer is Technical CAD Draughting, reviewing requirements and site engineering activities associated with the management and construction of HV Transmission Projects.
LETS TALK ABOUT YOU
- Preparation of project design drawings, including all site prep drawings, route plans, working areas, detailed long sections/cross sections, Single Line Diagrams & data extraction, etc
- 3D Cable Routing where required
- Measurement of Cable routing and confirming the route lengths on site at both contract and tender level if required.
- Review Employers requirements & implement into CAD Drawings
- Preparation of project as-built drawings, Review & Check As-builts & H&S Files for turnkey projects.
- Complete the site surveying and extract data to produce CAD models.
- Assistance, where required, with project tender packages specific to cabling
- Co-ordinate with internal & external team members/design teams/project teams where required.
- Liaise with colleagues, other departments, and project teams with respect to drawing & engineering requirements
- Prepare drawings in accordance with current company CAD Standards and generate specific Cabling CAD standards.
- Ensure that drawings are prepared, stored, issued and archived in accordance with company procedures
- Provide support and mentorship to Assistant Technicians/Technicians & Apprentices where required.
- Capability to work to strict deadlines and project budgets.
- Ensure that chargeable work can be evaluated by the preparation of adequate timesheet records
Your skills and qualifications
- HV Cabling Experience
- Qualified to HNC/HND level as a minimum
- Working experience of AutoCAD 2D/3D
- CSCS Card
- BESC & PERSONS (National Grid)
Experience in Revit capability and HV Inspection Tests is desirable but not essential.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable, CO2 neutral future.
Here at Siemens Energy, we drive innovation, develop new technologies, apply cutting-edge manufacturing technologies - that’s what we do to deliver a net zero future through highly efficient, cutting edge solutions for large scale renewable projects.
Our Transmission Division offers customers a broad portfolio of products, systems, solutions, and services that are geared towards the most important market trends of digitization, decarbonisation, grid stability and electrification. Our employees are the drivers behind it. With expertise, passion, and commitment, we work to transfer energy as efficiently and environmentally friendly as possible. Sounds interesting? Join in and help make the difference.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fuelled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.