IT infrastructure Senior Project manager - 42723
Manchester / London
My high profile banking client are recruiting for a Senior PM to work remotely until further notice on an initial 12 month contract.
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help the business and its customers have the most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services marketplace. TSG's Workplace Technology Team plays a key role in people experience as it relates to the technology used every day to get our jobs done.
TSG is supporting the next generation of location build outs, renovations, relocations and new sites through technology delivery in the workplace facilitated by its Business Experience Team.
Using a client focused project management approach, this position ensures that the technology aspect of construction and design projects for corporate real estate initiatives are delivered in a timely manner. This role will be responsible for feasibility modeling through close out phases of projects including estimates, financial management, scope, delivery, close out and lessons learned. The role will be expected to provide strategies, tactics and tools for managing the delivery processes and key controlling factors across Technology Infrastructure teams. Projects vary in size, duration and nature and can include supporting Mergers and Acquisitions, site expansions and relocations. This position requires the incumbent to frequently react to situations requiring creative solutions to meet tight timeframes. The incumbent will also perform a business engagement role relative to working with key line of business contacts related to technology requirements in new locations.
Key responsibilities and position aspects include:
* , following DLC standards
* Drive the development, implementation and production of robust reporting capabilities, providing management with actionable intelligence required for the management of the operating model that supports technology delivery for real estate projects.
* Significant exposure to Senior Management within our line of business and business partners
* Prepare and present communications to Senior Management
* Support adhoc projects related to technology in the workplace
* Keen analytical and advanced problem-solving skills, with the ability to demonstrate high levels of critical thinking and prioritization to solve problems
* Work with Technology subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop innovative solutions within a fast-changing construction environment
* Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand product strategy as it relates to the workplace
* Act as an advocate for the Technology SME performers supporting projects and programs
* Requirement for adept communication skills, proficient at consensus-building, negotiation and persuasion with the ability to leverage relationships across the organization
* Matrix/indirect management of resources involved in technology delivery
* Coordination of due diligence estimates and financial management
* Working with cross functional technology teams devise schedules resulting in delivery of the initiative within the defined timeframes
* Coordinate cross functional dependencies within technology and between technology and business partners
* Identify and manage strategic improvement opportunities
* Partner with Real Estate/ Construction Project Manager to coordinate co-dependencies.
* Partner with Lines of Business on relocation requirements and manage.
* Work with Global Procurement and Third Party Governance related to vendor aspects of initiatives.
* May interact directly with third party vendors that are part of the delivery solution.
* Flexibility and willingness to do a variety of project types and tasks
* ability to deal with multiple priorities, attention to detail, sense of urgency, strong communication skills and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated experience as an SME, PM for Technology Infrastructure
* Demonstrated understanding of project management process/ role/ governance.
* PMP certification is a plus.
* Agile Project Management is a plus.
* Direct staff management or matrix management is a plus.
* Experience with responsibility for P&L is a plus.
If you have not received a reply within 48hours of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful this time
Posted 4 weeks ago