Management Consultant - Scrum Master - Digital Services and Platforms
Our market-leading clients are exploring how new business opportunities can be inspired from, and driven by, technology. With pressure to keep costs under control, and to realise business benefits, the Future of Technology team within Capgemini Invent exists to drive this business transformation with our clients.
We understand that technology-driven business transformation requires cross-functional teams who can work together, testing-and-learning, driving continuous business performance improvement. Turning this vision to reality requires leadership, a clear strategy, careful stakeholder engagement and delivery excellence.
Our clients look to Capgemini Invent for advice and strategy on leading technologies and trust us to be able to be hands-on to deliver as well.
What you'll bring to the Digital Services and Platforms team
Our Digital Services & Platform team helps our clients explore, understand and exploit new digital technologies and platforms to transform their businesses through a combination of advice, expertise and solutions.
To deliver outcomes and value rapidly, we organise our team as a 'squad' with cross-functional capabilities, with enough skill and experience to build and deliver digital products and services with our clients. Working in this squad, you will bring a range of skills, and be willing to learn new, cross-functional skills which help the squad and the programme.
As a Scrum Master, you'll:
- Guide the teams and organisations on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organisations and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the teams and organisations
- Note blockages and divergence and support and guide the team and PO to solve these impediments
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and information flow
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- Facilitate reviews, retrospectives, scrum meetings and planning meetings
What you'll bring
- Experience in delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
- Proven experience in playing the Scrum Master role in a team that has been applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Experience on Agile project management tools such as TFS or the Atlassian suite of products such as Jira, Confluence
- Understanding and experience of widely accepted successful Agile techniques
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (I.e.: various Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to connect and engage across multiple teams, business units and organisations at manifold levels
- Knowledge of business requirements prioritisation techniques i.e. MoSCoW prioritisation
- Ability to lead a team of resources across multiple sites, whilst building solid business relationships
- Experience of managing projects with business and technology deliverables and / or changes involving external third-party providers
What We Offer
Capgemini Invent offers a cultural environment for consultants to learn, to take ownership and contribute to business growth
- Our consultants are formally trained from industry experts on management consulting and client delivery. Examples of these include Agile delivery (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Scaled Agile Framework) and technologies (AWS, Azure) and Cyber security (CISSP, CISM)
- Client engagements give you the opportunity to work with our leadership and experienced consulting management, where you can learn from them, challenge them and accelerate your hands-on experience, delivery capability and industry insights.
- You'll learn how we write compelling client propositions, structure and lead high-profile transformation, and gain hands-on exposure to leading technologies, often taking an idea from a concept to a vision, to strategy and then execution
- Les Fontaines: Capgemini Invent has a unique training environment just outside of Paris, where we can immerse ourselves in thought-leadership, share knowledge and build capabilities which will help us and our clients to succeed.
- We hold monthly showcases of our digital transformation initiatives, sharing knowledge and showing off how the power of technology is impacting our clients.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.