Job Title: Personal Assistant
Pay Rate: £14.44
Location: Kingston Upon Thames KT1 2DW
Work ContextThe Personal Assistant to the Assistant Chief Fire Officers is a high profile role, supporting the Assistant Chief Fire Officers where tact, initiative, discretion and the ability to perform to the highest professional standards are critical.
The role will require liaising with other senior PAs as well as other officers within and outside the organisation. Given the sensitive nature of the work, the post holder will need to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion, together with the ability to enable successful relationships with key contacts.
The Personal Assistant will need to be self motivated and able to effectively manage and prioritise their work. They will need to have excellent communication skills and experience of embedding a performance inprovement culture.
The post is currently based at Surrey Fire & Rescue Service HQ in Reigate. Key meetings may be located at different venues across Surrey and Sussex so the post holder will need to be flexible and able to travel to these different venues as required.
Analysis, Reporting & Documentation
* Prepare reports/statistics/briefings to meet statutory/management information requirements.
* Recommend improvements and support implementation to systems, processes and procedures, ensuring best practice is shared across the team.
Customer Service & Support
* Deliver a range of administrative and/or customer/consultancy services in support of existing systems or processes to agreed standards, to maximise service quality and continuity. May authorise transactions where appropriate.
* Respond to and resolve enquiries and problems, judging when to pass on complex queries or involve others, to provide an effective service and clear advice to colleagues and customers.
Planning & Organising
* Provide comprehensive support to a group of senior staff, ensuring confidentiality, effectively organising internal and external activities/events to support the delivery of efficient services.
* Plan and prioritise own work activities for the weeks ahead, to ensure operational efficiency. Respond effectively to changing demands, adjusting priorities as needed.
* Maintain financial, and/or stock records, and review data to contribute to resource planning.
Work with others
* Maintain a network of contacts, drawing on support and advice from others to resolve problems.
* Communicate and liaise with service users and/or external contacts, representing the team/service as required.
* Support, coordinate and undertake research into a variety of projects in the defined area of activity to support achievement of team's objectives.
* May guide and/or supervise junior staff in their duties to facilitate their development and ensure service quality standards are maintained.
Duties for all
Values: To uphold the values and behaviours of the organisation.
Equality & Diversity: To work inclusively, with a diverse range of stakeholders and promote equality of opportunity.
Health, Safety & Welfare: To maintain high standards of Health, Safety and Welfare at work and take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy