Platform Engineer / Platform Architect
Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Who you'll be working with
Do you want to make a real difference in your career, a difference that affects people's lives and transforms the way companies and government operate? Do you want to amaze people, to take them on a journey and show them something truly fantastic? Do you want to be at the forefront of the AI revolution?
This is what we are doing at Capgemini.
The Data Engineering, Architecture and Platform practice is part of Capgemini's global Insights & Data group; our goal is to help the organisations we work with become truly 'insight driven', to fully exploit their data using the convergence of Cloud and Artificial Intelligence to deliver real business value. We marry the most innovative insights solutions with rock solid, industrialised engineering.
The focus of your role
We can't become 'insight driven' without data. We can't deliver the AI revolution without data. Data is the lifeblood of everything we do in Insights and Data. We embrace experimentation and industrialisation, so we need passionate, energetic data engineers who are focussed on using their skills to drive out real business value from their data assets.
Now the data space is clearly very large, thus the myriad of skills and technologies is equally sized but also rapidly evolving. So it's important to us that you have a desire for continued learning. We want you to be thinking "how can I use what I know?", "what do I need to learn?" in order to help your client achieve their business goals.
What you'll do
We don't really have a typical day or typical project at Capgemini. Our clients expect advice, proof-of-values, industrialised solutions; we work on small and very large engagements and we work across several different sectors, including public, CPG, retail, manufacturing and utilities. If you aren't on a project, you could instead be involved in a bid, doing some training, working on a point-of-view, building a demo or contributing to our blog series (tips from recent new joiners, who we are happy for you to speak with, is just 'get stuck in'). In recent months, we've done some pretty cool stuff, like used Tensor Flow in a model looking at acoustics of voice recordings, used ESA radar data to classify UK vegetation and massive scale Spark for image processing at an O&G client.
What you'll bring
We are looking to bring in people at all levels from fledgling Engineers to seasoned Architects, so whilst the list of skills below is fairly heavy, please do get in touch even if you only have two or three.
· AWS (e.g Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR)
· Google Cloud Platform
· IBM Cloud
· Python, Spark, SQL
· Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/data pipelines with tools
· Software engineering practices (coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control, code review)
· Hadoop (especially the Cloudera and Hortonworks distributions), other NoSQL (especially Neo4j and Elastic), and streaming technologies (especially Spark Streaming)
· Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
· Experience using development and deployment technologies, for instance virtualisation and management (e.g. Vagrant, Virtualbox), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Concourse, Drone, Bamboo), configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible) and containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
· Experience building and deploying solutions to Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) including Cloud provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform)
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
· Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
· Experience designing analytics deliveries, planning projects and/or leading teams
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Posted 2 weeks ago