Police Staff Investigator - PIP 2
The police staff investigators role PIP 2 involves investigating serious and complex crimes, dealing with victims, offenders and witnesses for Level 1 and Level 2 crimes. This may include domestic abuse, child abuse, vulnerable adult, missing, acquisitive crime, serious offences, enabled cyber and dependant cyber cases. A significant number of these cases will be heard at Crown Court and will therefore be subject to rigorous scrutiny, the offences will often involve the most serious level of offending and will therefore have the greatest impact on the victim and communities. In particular to: -
- To safeguard and protect vulnerable people, to investigate and detect NIM level 1 and level 2 crime and bring offenders to justice thereby supporting the Force mission, and organisational proprieties. Furthermore, to support the OPCC plan.
- To investigate level 1 and level 2 crimes, managing victims, arresting and interviewing offenders and conducting a thorough investigation. Preparing papers for court and give a clear rationale and update on UNIFI. PIP2 investigators will deal with the more serious and complex cases and therefore will predominately give evidence at Crown Court.
- Completing appropriate risk assessments for victims and offenders. Identifying vulnerability and implementing suitable measures to negate the risks.
- Working alongside Partner agencies to manage the risks, working with the victim care unit to support victims.
- Disclosure material in accordance with the Criminal Procedures and Investigation Act 1996. Maintaining ownership of the investigation post charge including where relevant its progression and hearing at court. Including family, criminal and coroners court.
- Handing of intelligence submitting via the Force systems in accordance with NIM and acting on any intelligence when required to do so. Ensuring intelligence pictures are built in order to identify prolific offenders and potential targets.
- Support and utilise the National Intelligence Mode (NIM) throughout investigations to ensure that prolific and priority offenders are identified and managed and intelligence is appropriately gathered, analysed and disseminated and to identify nominals as potential targets.
- Attend and manage crime scenes e.g. rape, serious assault, suicide, sexual offences, search and seize exhibits which may include image analysis focusing on priority areas around children, missing, sexual abuse and modern slavery.
- Deal with disturbing material in the form of viewing, listening to interviews and reading material with distressing content
- Work with neighbourhood teams to identify and to reduce risk, harm and vulnerability and work alongside them to problem solves
Formal qualifications required:
- Level 2 qualification, or equivalent, in Maths and English. If not already held to be obtained within 12 months of appointment.
- PIP Level 2 Accreditation (or has held in the last 2 years)
- Full UK Driving licence, unless prevented by reason of disability
- Demonstrate potential to undertake more complex aspects of the investigative process to meet PIP Level 2 standard.
- A detailed understanding of the criminal justice system.
- A meticulous and thorough approach to undertaking tasks
- Proven ability to deliver to tight timescales.
- Proven experience of interviewing suspects, victims and witnesses
The successful applicant will be subject to stringent police vetting and referencing checks prior to commencing employment.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.