Job Profile SummaryThe successful candidate will be responsible for delivering business analysis and consulting activities for the defined specialism using advanced technical capabilities, building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, ensuring relevant standards are defined and maintained, and managing process and system improvements to deliver business value.
The Product Manager - Global Energy Management is responsible for the coordination of multiple product roadmaps ensuring customer need, business case, strategic alignment, feature reuse and innovation are managed throughout the Product Lifecycle. Taking responsibility for the global delivery, this role will lead country or domain teams to drive scale and new market entry.
This includes but is not limited to gathering and prioritizing product features at the strategic level; understanding and communicating customer requirements; shaping the product strategy and vision with the Principal Portfolio Manager and business stakeholders; and ensuring effective cost and revenue management.
Working closely with business leads and managers, you will be responsible for aligning multiple product work streams to a single coherent vision, ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met as well as ensuring that the products being developed consider and support bp’s overall strategy and goals.
- Collaborate with the Portfolio Manager to create a global strategy based on market research and the goals of the business for value generation
- Build DevOps squads to develop and run digital applications, ensuring the voice of the customer is incorporated into the product team activity, maintaining an up-to-date delivery roadmap with a clear focus on business value
- Research key trends and competitor activity in relation to energy generation and storage, to build a knowledge hub to continually improve product performance
- Constantly seek to accelerate development through external partnership or re-use of internal capabilities, including our venture portfolio, identifying ‘best of breed’ energy and mobility solutions and crafting a robust buy / build / partner strategy against the product roadmap
- Look after the planning, execution, delivery, and release of sophisticated cross-team engineering initiatives, building teams that continually perform at a high level; working with suppliers and partners who provide developers to augment your team
- Provide transparency of delivery to internal and external partners, raising issues as required to assist the delivery function
- Guide the teams to reflect and identify improvements and move them towards high performance, working with teams remove obstacles and resolve issues
- Act as coach or mentor to guide teams and individuals to adopting an agile mentality and is seen as a leader in agile behaviours and practises
- A solid understanding of Software Development and Software Operations along with the concept of DevOps
- Solid understanding and experience of Service Design including commercial and business development considerations
- Degree level qualification or equivalent or above preferred
- The ideal candidate has a strong customer-centric approach and can demonstrate how they have previously built customer need and value into their products.
- They will have supported teams in using relevant agile frameworks, such as Scrum and Kanban, ensuring quality and software operability are included into all aspects of the delivery lifecycle from the very beginning.
- It is important to be able communicate clearly and concisely, able to show examples of collaboration and inclusion in their style that allows them to be relatable to business and technology people.
- This role is in an exciting new area that is responsible for creating new products and solving difficult customer problems.
- bp is a complex organization with a heavy reliance on partners to accelerate our delivery.
- Having experience in the energy sector and in particular energy generation and energy storage is highly desirable.
- Understanding data engineering and data science and being comfortable using data driven decision making is an important Product Management skill.
EntityInnovation & Engineering
Job Family GroupIT&S Group
About BPINNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive