A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Production Scheduler to work full time at our client's site in Cheadle. The working hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm with a 1.00pm finish on a Friday. Paying £15 per hour PAYE, this role is temporary until November 2020.
**All Successful Candidates are required to take a Drugs Screening**
Our Client is an American company primarily involved in engineering, development and manufacturing of turbochargers and related forced induction systems for ground vehicles from small passenger cars to large trucks and industrial equipment and construction machinery. Their products offer the very latest in innovative technology to help maximize a vehicle's fuel economy and reduce harmful emissions, while maintaining superior performance.
- Release of production orders to achieve the Shop floor schedule adherence
- Liaising with EMEA IAM Distribution Centre Personnel in Bucharest and France
- To be able to produce daily reports
- Establish priorities for Goods In, Quality Assurance and Production
- Answer queries from Production/Sales/Warehouse regarding issues with schedules and product availability
- Master Production Schedule for the medium to long term to be planned in accordance with SIOP, Production and Material parameters.
- Key responsibility for planning the weekly MPS according to material availability (Clear To Build Process)
- Participate in planning meetings
- Utilise Six Sigma tools where appropriate & strive to continually improve the quality of service provided to customers.
- Any other duties not specified as required by the business
- The ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ensure metrics are adhered to and ability to show root cause analysis of any deviation
- Release production orders to ensure Shop floor schedule adherence
- Improvement of existing planning methods
- Strive to achieve maximum level of customer service(OTTR) through planning and release of the MPS
Skills and Experience
- Educated up to 'A' level or higher or candidates from shop floor will be considered having demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of MPS and MRP
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques and exposure to Six Sigma
- Able to show experience of communicating with internal and external parties at all business levels
- 1-2 years' experience in a commercial environment
- Experience within the automotive sector is preferable
- Experience in a supply chain background.
- Strong Communication skills
- Flexible and willing to meet the needs of the business
- Highly motivated and enjoys working to tight deadlines