Job title: Project Worker
Pay rate: Competitive
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Type: Temporary
Advert Close Date: 15/01/20
BS Social Care are looking for Project Workers to help provide housing support, support packages and helping clients live independently in the Manchester area.
The role will entail:
- To support the Project Manager and work with other team members in delivering high quality person centred services.
- To support clients to live independently in an accommodation setting and progress towards sustained independent housing recovery, including managing a Case load of service user as allocated by the Project Manager.
- To arrange and undertake appointments with prospective service users to undertake comprehensive assessments of their support needs, this may be at their home, the office or other appropriate venue.
- To undertake regular assessments of needs / risk to develop a comprehensive support / risk plan to identify how these needs will be met. Support plans will be designed to help each client live independently within the community and achieve sustained recovery. Support may be provided which helps clients achieve economic well-being, participate in education, training or other learning activities, develop or sustain a healthy and safe lifestyle and make a positive contribution to society.
- To review individual support / risk plans within appropriate timescales and no later than once every three months.
- To be prepared to deliver housing support and recovery focused sessions to small groups of service users together. Group work may include training on: housing options, tenancy ready, Humankind's bespoke recovery programmes, etc.
- To record case notes, input information onto databases promptly and maintain any other relevant Management Information Systems as required in order to ensure effective case management and assist monitoring and evaluation of service delivery.
- To liaise with statutory and other appropriate agencies / network/ forums to contribute to the development of a comprehensive needs and risk assessment for each client and general service provision.
- To work as part of a team providing cross provision/ service support where reasonable, attending regular team meetings, undertake training as required, and participate in one to one supervision and appraisal sessions.
- To maintain a good working knowledge of relevant legislation and policies to ensure the continued support of service users.
- To ensure that vulnerable people are protected through knowledge and application of Adult and Child Safeguarding Procedures.
- The Service operates a shift rota, provided on a flexible basis in line with the requirements of the service. The post holder will work flexibly as required to meet the needs of the service. This will require evening, occasional weekend work and bank holidays. Participating in the services on call rota as required.
- The post holder will be responsible for supporting enhanced housing management by completing relevant activities such as:
- supporting residents to meet the requirements of the occupancy,
- supporting void turnaround (by room preparation),
- assisting in coordinating/ reporting repairs,
- room and building inspections,
- admission and exit support to clients,
- rent collection & guidance,
- benefit support & guidance,
- safeguarding support,
- emergency key holder support,
- making sure the project is safe during your hours of work,
- Health and Safety assessments, checks and reports done weekly/monthly,
- preparing resources for daytime activities (such as assessment packs).
- To operate within Humankind's Charter of Service Standards and all other polices / procedures, and report all problems promptly to the Project Manager or on-call support.
- To meet all internal and external targets set for you.
- Undertake any other duties which are deemed to be within the spirit of the post.
- The post holder may occasionally be requested to travel outside of the area to attend meetings at Humankind's other offices in the North of England.
What we'll need from you:
- To have access to a car and be prepared to use it to undertake support work.
- Enhanced DBS
- At least 6 months experience working with health-care
- Competitive rates
- Immediate start
- Full support and further training
If you think this role would be perfect for you why wait, get in touch today for an immediate start.
Please contact Maria or Becka on 07483919093 for an informal chat alternatively, please send your CV