Quality Assurance Technician
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00
We're currently recruiting for Quality Assurance Technicians on a permanent basis on behalf of our established waste management client based in Nelson.
Your main responsibilities would be to ensure the conformity of the products under the normative and customer requirements; ensuring that the quality of the recycling and raw materials meet our internal standards and to take care of the environmental issues in the plant.
- fulfilment of product inspections during the manufacturing process and at the end to ensure customer requirements
- random inspection of loads and materials received from the suppliers
- visits to suppliers to ensure the compliance of the quality standards
- carrying out of tests in accordance with the European normative for refuse containers (EN-840/5)
- inspection of raw and recycled materials on reception. Laboratory tests (MFI, Humidity)
- management of non-conformities in the factory
- management of suppliers quality complaints
- follow-up and carrying out of actions to increase recycling material consumption
- test equipment calibration and/or internal verification
- products and processes improvement proposals
- management of quality complaints from our UK clients (analysis, resolution, corrective action plans- including visits)
- checking the correct environmental performance in the plant
- Relevant Science Degree (essential)
- Knowledge of control material equipment use (essential)
- At least one years experience in manufacturing (essential)
- Knowledge of plastic materials (highly valued)
- ISO 9001 y 14001 normative knowledge (highly valued)
- Environmental normative knowledge (highly valued)
Please submit your CV to apply.