Radioactive Waste Consultants (Senior & Principal)
Can be based in Warrington, Newbury or Bristol
About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a number of experienced Radioactive Waste Consultants that can be based as any of our sites across the UK. You will join a team that has vast experience in Radioactive Waste Management and provide professionally competent specialist services to our many clients.
Cavendish Nuclear are a world leader in the safe management of radioactive fuels and wastes, with proven capabilities in waste and component handling, transportation, storage and disposal. Our decommissioning expertise ranges from identifying the optimum decommissioning strategy, ensuring integration with waste management and site restoration strategy, baseline planning and cost estimating, identification of Best Available Technique, concept design and methodology development, on-site implementation and subsequent records / knowledge management.
Within this position you will be responsible for providing in depth, expert advice to our various clients on waste management methods ensuring safety is at the utmost certainty. You will build lasting relationships and use your experience to develop our junior consultants across complex projects.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of nuclear projects. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
You will need to have experience in a waste management role have the gravitas to work within a multi-disciplinary team. We would also like you to have all or some experience with the below duties;
* Provide specialist advice during the design, operation and decommissioning of nuclear facilities and for the production of all waste management documentation required under Site License Conditions and the Environmental Permit
* Directing and supervising the work of technical specialists within the same discipline
* Develop and maintain excellent working relations with customers, colleagues and other Cavendish Nuclear departments
* Provide support to strategic growth campaigns and bids including supporting value propositions, marketing content and presentation materials to support the Cavendish Nuclear Strategy
* Provide leadership and key input to design projects, ensuring that nuclear safety requirements are incorporated
* Managing delivery of tasks undertaken within their agreed Delegation of Authority (DOA) against cost and programme to the satisfaction of the Key Stakeholders
* Support the business winning process through input into or review of tender requirements, including estimates
* Provide Independent assessment of the technical basis of claims and disputes where appropriate
What else do I need to know?
* The roles can be based at any of our sites including Bristol, Newbury and Warrington.
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Posted 1 week ago