I am recruiting for an R&D Specialist Tax Consultant / Business Research Analyst, working remotely and covering evening/night hours. This position is offering an overall package of up to £42,000 and the opportunity to travel to Canada for work on occasions.
My client are tax specialists; they have helped their clients save multimillions in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses and information will be essential.
Over the past 24 months they have expanded very successfully into the Canadian market and this position will be working with clients in Canada, supporting them with their Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) claims which is the equivalent of a UK Research & Development (R&D) tax claim.
This is a client facing role which involves meeting virtually with businesses and consulting, researching and analysing your clients projects/activities and expenditure; working under government guidelines you will then create a report which will be submitted to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) - the Canadian equivalent to the HMRC.
On average you will conduct 5 virtual client meetings a week (these will have been booked for you) and then you will create narrative reports from your in-depth research and analysis you have completed in the meetings explaining what tax relief the client is entitled to.
*In depth training will be provided, no previous knowledge of SR&ED or R&D is required*
35 hours a week, Monday - Friday.
As you are working with clients based in Canada, you will be expected to be available between 5pm-1am to meet with your clients. You will be able to plan your working week and will not have to work every day until 1am, for example when writing your reports your hours could be 11-7.
*Please note there will be the expectation that you may be required to travel to Canada on the odd occasion*
- Develop a strong understanding of government guidelines / legislation and CRA guidance in regard to SR&ED activity (previous knowledge of this is not required)
- Meet with senior business owners/leaders virtually and complete in-depth business/project consultation and analysis
- Put together professional reports in a narrative format to include areas such as strategies, reports, briefings, expenditure, benefits
- Conduct overall business analysis including discussions about the shape of a client's business and the internal processes within it to establish qualifying projects (purpose, problems, solutions, time frames)
- Evaluating qualifying SR&ED activity present in relation to CRA guidance and legislation
- Reviewing and interpreting the organisation's financial accounts
- Formulating a report on key activity and associated qualifying costs
- Thoroughly documenting activity on the company's internal systems
Experience of one or more of following would be beneficial:
- Quantitative and qualitative research experience
- Experience within a field of science or technology (this could be degree related)
- Experience working in sectors where R&D is prevalent (e.g. software, manufacturing, technology)
- Experience of working with financial documentation
- Experience of creating professional, well written narrative reports from data/information you have researched
- Flexibility with working hours - able to commit to working until 1am
- Able to travel to Canada on the odd occasion
- Technically minded
- Strong analytical skills
- Client facing (virtual) engagement experience
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional and technically competent manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior business owners/leaders
- Strong verbal and written communication proficiency and proven ability to guide stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Attention to detail and robust organisational skills - including time management
- Methodical, systematic approach to problem solving
- Team working skills - along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others from a wide range of backgrounds
- Willingness to learn
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Overall package up to £42000 including a very competitive basic salary and a bonus
- Evening hours, Monday - Friday 35 hour working
- Remote working
- In depth training to be successful in the role
- Opportunity to spend some time in Canada with travel, accommodation and food expensed
- Opportunity to progress within the business
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays
- Company mobile phone and laptop
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***
Posted 1 week ago
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£32000 - £42000 per annum + Basic + Bonus