Senior Administration Assistant, 34619
6 month contract
EMEA Markets Legal supports seven key areas - (i) Clearance & Collateral Management ("CCM"); (ii) Liquidity; (iii) Segregation: (iv) FX and Capital Markets; (v) Securities Financing; (vi) Treasury and (vii) Cross Markets.
EMEA Markets Legal is primarily based in London but works closely with colleagues in Legal in Brussels, the USA and APAC. In addition to product-specific advice, the team provides a broad range of legal advice and assistance to EMEA Markets.
In particular the team is responsible for:
Generally, proving legal advice and legal support at all levels across the Markets business in EMEA. This includes advising on law and regulation in the UK. Obtaining advice on law and regulation from EMEA legal colleagues;
Preparation, maintenance and negotiation of all contract templates, including ensuring that templates remain compliant with local law and regulation; contract negotiation, including GMRAs, GMSLAs, Collateral Management Agreements, ISDAs and related legal controls;
Advising on legal aspects of developing new products and the implementation of strategic and regulatory change across the Market's business lines in EMEA;
Advising on legal risk and other legal aspects of service provision and contractual arrangements; and
Providing advice (and members) to business risk committees and other relevant committees for EMEA Markets.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
* To provide professional secretarial/administrative support to the EMEA Head of Markets Legal and other members of the EMEA Markets Legal team.
* To support EMEA wide initiatives as required by EMEA Legal CAO.
* To provide temporary support cover for other departmental lawyers and company secretarial staff within the London Legal Department as required, for example during vacation or other absence of their own primary administrative support, or else where time critical deliverables are required.
* To ensure that clients (internal and external) are dealt with efficiently and politely.
* Produce monthly and quarterly reporting required by EMEA Markets Legal including matter reporting.
To assist in general secretarial/administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
* Diary management using Outlook.
* Setting up video/webex/conference calls.
* Booking of training, conferences and seminars.
* Travel arrangements, including production of detailed itineraries.
* Preparing and processing expenses.
* Dealing with IT and Facilities as required (procuring equipment, investigating IT issues, new starter setups etc).
* Organising and storing electronic and paper records associated with the role.
* Assisting in compiling MI reports.
* Assisting in managing internal know how resources.
To assist in legal secretarial tasks, including but not limited to:
* Creating a wide range of documents including contracts, presentations, agreements, reports, proposals, meeting agendas and other documents, using Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Assisting with the production of papers for internal and external use (printing, photocopying, binding and delivery to clients).
* Proof reading and where appropriate commenting on legal letters and documents.
* Dealing with routine legal and non-legal correspondence (telephone, written, fax, email) and referring to other staff as appropriate.
* Supporting the management of the EMEA Markets Legal Outside Counsel Billing queue.
* Organising and maintaining law libraries, know-how, documents and case files.
* Maintaining training and absence records as required.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
* Previous experience in performing a senior assistant role within an in-house legal department or else in a law firm environment is desirable
* Proven administrative, secretarial, document production and PA experience, along with advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Word, Power Point and Excel.
* Experience of internal financial and expense management systems and following internal financial and billing processes.
* The successful candidate should be organised, efficient and capable of working to instructions with minimum supervision. In addition to these attributes they must have:
* The ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritising tasks accordingly.
* Excellent organisational skills in order to support the effective storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
* Demonstrate sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems - able to solve challenging problems.
* Proven experience of successfully managing internal and external stakeholders
N.B. This particular client requires that, if you are not a British Citizen, you must hold an EU Passport, Tier 1 Visa / HSMP, Dependency Visa, or Ancestry Visa for this particular vacancy or have Permanent Residency status in the UK - please specify in your response which of these you have.
Only suitable candidates need apply. If you have not received a response within a 48 hour period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Posted 4 weeks ago