Due to continued success in my Clients industry, I am looking to engage with experienced Site Managers who want to move away from the norm. In addition to managing the site & associated assets, you will also hold responsibility for other incorporated departments, staff, & company vehicles on site.
Main Duties and ResponsibilitiesLine manager for all site-based staff including, but not limited to: drivers, order pickers/ packers, CSM processing, administration staff & department supervisors.Operation of departments as effectively and efficiently as possible and within the best interests of the business, whilst keeping overheads to within the departmental budget and following related quality management systems and company policies.Oversee maintenance of the site, vehicles and equipment and organise suitable works & adjustments to site agreed with company directors when required.Maintain procurement, provision & supply of services or goods required for the day-to-day running of the site. This will include :
Management of staffing, stock and resources in order for the department to perform its core duties including, but not limited to:
- waste management,
- PPE and other health and safety items,
- service contracts,
Quality resolution & working to the requirements of the company's Quality Management System and relevant procedures.
- maintaining suitable stock levels of finished goods and materials at the site in-order to pick and dispatch expected orders for customers
- arrange logistics for outgoing deliveries and returns from customers through internal drivers and third-party couriers.
- communicating with other departments to anticipate the needs & requirements across the business.
Health & Safety on site
- You will ensure that all staff comply with all responsibilities under the company's Health & Safety at Work Policy.
- NEBOSH Certification is desirable
- Working to identify and address risks on site
- Addressing issues as highlighted by the health and safety officer
- Implementing recommendations as directed
- To comply with company standards and recommend enhancements to improve safety and efficiency in the branch.
- To make every effort to conserve power and minimise waste.
- Monitoring equipment & ensuring that it is serviced and is safe and fit for purpose.
- Monitoring space, tracking stock levels and setting aside storage areas for new stock, correctly identifying and describing transfers of production materials, ensuring products are stocked correctly and safely.
- Co-ordinate and communicate with all other departments to ensure best practice and standards of service are in effect within the department and company as a whole.
- Co-ordinate supply chain agreements between suppliers and internally where required to ensure sufficient stock levels of materials and finished goods
- Monitoring and advising sales office whether consignments for our internal or third party carriers are likely to exceed capacity. Create contingency plans with appropriate logistic support.
- Notify directors of significant changes to availability or pricing issues for any significant products or
- Log and monitor metrics to determine the effectiveness of the department as a whole, subsections of the department and individuals within the department where possible.
- Ensure orders are picked to the standards agreed and reduce and maintain discrepancy rates in line with the Dispatch Objective and also the reporting of the Incentive Scheme
- Institute, maintain and improve management systems in co-ordination with the persons/ teams responsible for those systems to contribute towards improving the general running of the dispatch department and business as a whole
- Oversee the receipt and storage of incoming goods in line with existing stock transfer procedures and maintaining a stock rotation system
Supporting, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce and managing staff discipline.
- Planning overtime and holidays, ensuring sufficient staffing levels and reporting for payroll.
- Management of incidents on the dispatch department sites outside of normal office hours including arranging appropriate cover for security, keyholders, driver-related queries and other duties. Serious incidents should be reported to a director.
- Occasional management cover for other departments.
- Supervising production of chopped strand mat products and roofing kits to a satisfactory quality and quantity, as well as ensuring dispatched products are in line with our brand image and status.
- Responsibility for all the dispatching, routing and tracking of delivery vehicles. Daily liaison with third party carriers as required
- Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures to do with tachograph and drivers' working hours and maintaining accurate administrative records of vehicle maintenance and drivers' hours.
- Arranging inspection, maintenance, repair, servicing and recovery of delivery vehicles.
- Oversee maintenance of forklifts, packing equipment and CSM processing machinery.