We have an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our clients METAL DETECTION team. The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring that suppliers are providing the client with the best parts and they are continuously developing their processes and activities to enhance the quality of their products. You will monitor these processes effectively and ensure that they are always in line with the clients requirements.
This is an exciting position that will be instrumental in improving business processes, supporting supplier selection and leading the assessment of supplier readiness for the launch of new programmes. You will play a key part in managing internal stakeholders and leading on the resolution of any major quality concerns, but also having the desire to get involved with problems and provide hands on support to fix any problems where required.
Key responsibilities include:
* Develop and maintain good relationships with Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing and R&D departments
* Plan, maintain and update critical supplier audit system, schedule and approved supplier list.
* Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardisation, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
* Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
* Strategically lead on performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting oir clients requirements. Duties may include process analysis, process capability, problem solving with the supplier, 5S and Kaizen events.
* Drive *Zero Defect- mentality within the supply base.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Demonstrable experience in supplier quality with complex engineering machined parts and assemblies
- Full driving license and willingness to travel
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor or equivalent
- Experience of continuous improvement methodologies 8D, PPAP, DFMEA & PFMEA, tools and techniques
- Involvement in activities to improve or reduce cost or poor quality
Please contact Mathew Maddison at Adecco on 0116 2530516
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.