Trainee Intelligence Analyst
YOUR ARMY NEEDS YOU.
Naturally curious? Spot things others miss? Then a job as a Trainee Intelligence Analyst could be the perfect role for you. As a full-time Trainee Intelligence Analyst, you’ll collect information that could be vital to operations – and could save lives. To get it, you need to speak to local people, look at pictures from satellites and spy planes and listen to radio messages – spotting and responding to security threats without blowing your cover. You’ll then present what you find to commanders, intelligence services and government leaders, helping them to keep our nation safe from sabotage and terrorism. It’s your chance to reach heights you never knew existed and learn vital skills that’ll set you up for life. To build bonds that’ll never break and do things you never thought possible.
Working in intelligence is a big job, with a lot of responsibility. But this is your chance to do something that really matters.
Find where you belong.
Join us and you’ll start by learning the soldiering skills common to every member of the British Army, like outdoor survival and the safe handling of weapons. Then you’ll undertake your specialist training at Chicksands in Bedfordshire for about 20 weeks. In that time you learn all the skills an intelligence expert needs for standard warfare and counter-insurgency situations.
When your specialist training is complete you’ll have the opportunity to take on a civilian recognised undergraduate degree in subjects such as Security Management or Intelligence. Later on you could study for a Masters with one of several of our partner universities.
There are also opportunities for further training at your unit in other military skills – like commando or parachute training. You could also become a military training or Adventurous Training instructor, or a sports coach.
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Trainee Intelligence Analyst and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
- Regular: GCSE Grade A – C/9-4 in at least English Language and four other subjects. You must have at least Numeracy Level 2.
- Mid-thigh pull of 46kg
- Medicine ball throw of 2.9m
- 2km run in 11min 15 sec (11 min 30 sec for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
- Decision making & responsibility
- Working outside
- Office work
- Risks and adrenaline
- Leading & managing people
- Outdoor activities
Our next deadline for application is 30th June 2020, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG